Attempt no.2 did not go as planned, as I tried remaking the pieces that didn't turn out too well but they too, ended up messing up. I think my work is not working out at the moment because I am just not passionate about it, and not very motivated.
These are the earrings that I was trying to make and they were inspired by my platinum all-star earrings. I do like the overall effect of the earrings but there are lots of small problems with them that went wronge in the manufacturing process. The first mistake was that I stuck the betty boop image onto an old dragon ball z tazo, which then showed through the image, once the image got wet from the resin. The reason I stuck the image onto a tazo was because I needed the image to be on a harder surface so that it would stay in the dome once the resin was added. It was a bit of a stupid mistake and I now know for next time to sick it on a plain surface. The second mistake was that I thought the image would stay at the bottom of the dome but instead, once I added the resin the image started moving around and floating up to the surface. I also left the edges of the image very messy which shows underneath the resin.
I know that all these mistakes can be fixed but I think for the moment I am going to move away from these earrings and come back to them another time.