Sunday, May 25, 2008

Attempt no.2

I attempted trying to melt the wax in the kiln at 150' but I still could not seem to get it right. It was alot better than the melting over the stove because the wax did stay flat once it had set, but it was still forming lots of tiny bubbles. I thought it was maybe because I had taken it out of the kiln too quickly, so I tried leaving it to cool down but it still did not work. So eventually after spending 3 days just trying to melt the wax, I got very irritated and ended up going to buy the sheets of wax myself. I found thin enough sheets for what I needed at jewltec but they also told me that if at any stage I still needed thinner wax, I should try the dentist. I decided to drive past and have a look, but the wax the the dentists use is way too thin for the rhino machine to cut but at least I now know for in the future.

1 comment:

KRSDBR said...

Maybe you should rather buy your wax....