Sunday, May 3, 2009

Cracking Resin!!!!!!

I have an exhibition coming up in July so I really wanted to make some bigger and bolder pieces of jewellery. I decided to make this bangle which comes from the rings that I was previously making.

The only problem is that the resin does not seem to be setting properly as it keeps on cracking and pulling away from the sides. It is the same resin that I used for the rings and they worked fine so I'm not too sure what the problem is.

I was originally very excited to make this bangle but after all the problems I am not so keen to carry on. While I was making this bangle I was also making a pair of cupcake earrings for a customer, which I had lots of fun doing. I think for now I will carry on playing a little more with the cupcakes and will come back to finishing this bangle at a later stage!

No comments: