Thursday, March 26, 2009

Display Options






















These earrings were part of my display at Design Indaba. I had most of my jewellery in the showcase ( as you can see in my previous posts.) I decided to display these earrings separately on the wall as I wanted them to be displayed together. I think more of a impact is created as the shape formed becomes clearer. I also had pictures up of a friend wearing the earrings next to them so that people could see what they looked like on the wearer.

I noticed that a lot of people were more drawn to the earrings on the wall as they were not behind glass, therefore they could be touched. This got me thinking about trying to find new interesting ways of displaying my jewellery other than being in a showcase. Any ideas?

2 comments:

KRSDBR said...

Jadi ... I feel that your work needs a high tech edge... not wooden frames...

Lusanda. M said...

Look at chidrens rooms and play rooms for ideas on displaying and getting that playful look. good luck.